Certification of people
The personnel certifying unit operates in accordance with the requirements of the PN-EN ISO / IEC 17024 standard and is accredited by the Polish Center for Accreditation (PCA accreditation No.AC 056), signatory of the EA MLA.
From December 1, 2014, the personnel certification body operates and conducts certification in accordance with the requirements of the amended standards: PN-EN ISO / IEC 17024: 2012 and PN-EN 13313: 2011, implementing the new program of certification of persons PR-04.1 – Certification of the competences of persons operating in the field of refrigeration, heat pumps and air conditioning.
The certification procedure includes:
- Qualification of candidates;
- Assessment of the level of knowledge and practical skills (exam);
- Issuing a certificate;
- Supervision over the certificate holder;
APPLICATION AND QUALIFICATION OF CANDIDATES FOR CERTIFICATION
BA Foundation Level:
- Education at least at the basic vocational school level;
- Completed training in the basic issues of refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pumps or at least 1 year of practice in the field of operation or assembly of the installation.
Increased WK level:
- Education at least at the basic vocational school level;
- Completed specialist training in the field of leakage checking, commissioning, operational inspection, operation, suspension of operation of refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump devices and installations;
- At least 1 year of practice in operating or assembling the installation.
High FO level:
- Education at least at the secondary school level (Matura);
- Completed specialist training in the field of leakage checking, commissioning, operational inspection, operation, assembly, prefabrication, commissioning, general maintenance, circuit maintenance, disassembly, removal of refrigerant from refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump devices and installations;
- At least 3 years of practical experience in installation, commissioning / shutdown, operation, operational inspections, maintenance and refrigerant disposal.
Specialist level LE:
- Higher technical education and 3 years of professional experience in the field of designing refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump equipment and installations or
- Secondary technical education (matura) and 3 years of professional experience in the design of refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump equipment and installations, as well as specialist training in safe operation, health and safety requirements, environmental protection and energy efficiency.
ASSESSMENT OF THE LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE AND PRACTICAL SKILLS
The theoretical exam is in the written form and consists in checking the knowledge of the requirements specified in the PN-EN 13313: 2011 standard, in relation to individual levels of competence. A written (theoretical) exam is not necessary if it is possible to document education in the field of refrigeration, air conditioning, heat pumps at the level of a technical university.
The practical exam consists in checking the ability of a given person to comply with a specific practical (professional) task, to the requirements set out in PN-EN 13313: 2011, in relation to individual levels of competence.
A positive result of the exam is a prerequisite for obtaining a certificate.
In the Personnel Certification Department, exam support materials are available for applicants for a certificate of competence in the field of refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pumps.
The decision on certification and granting the certificate takes place after the applicant meets all the requirements of the certification procedure (submission of the application, positive result of the examination, payment of the required fees, signing the contract).
The validity period of the certificate is 5 years.
The persons certification body supervises the certificate holder. This supervision includes checking compliance with the terms of the certificate agreement and supervision.
Upon the expiry of the validity period of the certificate, the certification body, at the request of the certified person, may re-certify and grant the certificate for a further period of no more than five years, after the certified person meets the requirements of supervision over the certificate.
Depending on the level of competence, the certification and supervision fee may not be lower than 5% and higher than 20% of the average wage in the national economy, announced by the President of the Central Statistical Office on the basis of the provisions of the Act on pensions from the Social Insurance Fund, in force in the date of submission of the application for certification and supervision.
- The certified person undertakes to use the certificate as intended.
- During the validity period of the certificate, the certified person is obliged to:
- performance of works in the scope specified by the certificate and their documentation in the form of entries in the “Work experience card”, the template of which the certified person receives along with the certificate.
- Temporary breaks are allowed, but not longer than 2.5 years in total;
- documenting at least 1 training in the field of applicable legal regulations and safety standards;
- collecting and keeping records of all complaints that have affected its activities covered by the scope of the certificate of competence and the methods of their consideration, and making them available to the certification body under supervision;
- updating the correspondence address (in the event of a change).
- In the middle of the certificate validity period, the certified person is obliged to provide the unit with the data and information required in point 2.
- Upon the expiry of the certificate validity period, the certified person may apply for recertification after meeting the supervision conditions.
The person concerned is entitled to file appeals and complaints at every stage of certification.
Appeals and complaints may be submitted by applicants, candidates, certified persons and other interested parties.
Appeals and disputes that may occur in connection with the certification process and the implementation of the provisions of the certification and supervision agreement are resolved in accordance with the certification body’s appeal procedure.
Refrigeration R&D Center in Krakow
Juliusza Lea 116,
30-133 Kraków, Poland
- mgr inż. Małgorzata Wąs
+48 12 637 09 33 w. 204
+48 797 129 505
+48 503 021 131