Heat Pump KEYMARK certification
KEYMARK is a European certification mark that confirms the compliance of products and services with European standards. While the CE marking demonstrates compliance with minimum legal requirements, KEYMARK provides the consumer with real added value: proven and certified adherence to uniform European Quality Standards.
A product may only be marked KEYMARK if it has been previously tested and certified by a neutral, independent and competent body. Factory inspection and Initial Type Testing (ITT), apart from regular inspections, are an important part of the KEYMARK procedure. The Heat Pump KEYMARK seal awarded in one country will be respected in all countries covered by it.
The certification path is as follows:
The “KEYMARK” certified heat pump has been successfully tested by an independent COCH-approved test laboratory. Such a product has been assessed for compliance with the relevant European standards and the KEYMARK certification system.
After a positive result of the assessment, COCH issues a certificate valid for 10 years.
On request, the certificate may be extended if necessary, provided that the external inspection in the form of annual factory production control (FPC) inspection and product control testing have been successfully carried out every two years.
The details and procedures for certification are set out in a special European certification scheme that has been developed jointly with the European Heat Pump Association (EHPA) and other European certification bodies. This cooperation ensures the greatest possible acceptance, transparency and marketability of KEYMARK certification of heat pumps in Europe.
Testing and certification include the following European standards and directives:
- EN 14511-1 "Air conditioners, liquid chillers and heat pumps with electrically powered compressors for space heating and cooling - Part 1: Terms, definitions and classification"
- EN 14511-2 "Air conditioners, liquid chillers and heat pumps with electrically powered compressors for space heating and cooling - Part 2: Test conditions"
- EN 14511-3 "Air conditioners, liquid chillers and heat pumps with electrically powered compressors for space heating and cooling - Part 3: Test methods"
- EN 14511-4 "Air conditioners, liquid chillers and heat pumps with electrically powered compressors for space heating and cooling - Part 4: Performance requirements, marking and instructions"
- EN 14825 "Air conditioners, chillers and heat pumps, with electrically driven compressors, for space heating and cooling - Testing and evaluation under partial load conditions and calculation of seasonal capacity"
- EN 15879-1 "Testing and evaluation of ground-coupled heat pumps with direct heat exchanger with electrically driven compressors for space heating and / or cooling - Part 1: Heat pumps with direct water exchanger"
- EN 12102 "Air conditioners, chillers, heat pumps and dryers with electrically driven compressors for space heating and cooling - Measurement of air noise - Determination of the sound power level"
- EN 12309 "Gas sorption equipment for heating and / or cooling with a net heat load not exceeding 70 kW - Part 1: Terms and definitions"
- EN 16147 "Heat pumps with electrically driven compressors - Tests and marking requirements for domestic hot water units"
Regulation (EU) No 813/2013 on the environmentally friendly (ecodesign) design of space heating equipment and combined heating equipment.
- Regulation (EU) No 814/2013 on the eco-design of water heaters and hot water tanks.
The list of product types that can be certified according to the program procedures are:
- heat pump space heaters supplying heat to water-based central heating systems for space heating;
- heat pump combination heaters to supply heat to water-based central heating systems for space heating and heat to provide domestic hot water and domestic hot water;
- heat pump water heaters, which are used to provide domestic hot water and domestic hot water;
- devices with a heat capacity of up to 400kW.
Additionally, as a response to the demand and development of the heat pump market, the certification has been extended to include relevant regulations and test procedures for:
- air / air heat pumps and air conditioners ≤ 12 kW (2017);
- gas heat pumps, hybrid heat pumps and hybrid multi-functional heat pumps (2019).
Refrigeration R&D Center in Krakow
Juliusza Lea 116,
30-133 Kraków, Poland
- mgr inż. Małgorzata Wąs
+48 12 637 09 33 w. 204
+48 797 129 505
Download our current promotional materials