Product certification – general information
COCH Certification Department, as an independent body, carries out certification of products for compliance with the requirements of legislation, standards and technical specifications in the field of refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pumps, in particular:
- Air conditioning equipment, including air conditioners, heat pumps, refrigeration equipment;
- Electricity receivers (EMC scope),
- Domestic electrical appliances,
- Commercial refrigeration equipment.
The Central Refrigeration Center "COCH" in Krakow is an accredited certification body for products (accreditation of the Polish Center for Accreditation No. AC 036), meeting the requirements of the PN-EN ISO/IEC 17065 standard, and has obtained a license to use the IAF MLA mark (for product certification bodies), enabling mutual recognition of certificates issued by accredited bodies around the world.
Documentation – useful information
Scheme of the certification procedure
- Submission of the application with the required attachments.
- Overview of the application.
- Application registration and contract for product certification and supervision.
- Documentation evaluation and review.
- Decision on certification.
- Supervision of the certificate.
Rights and responsibilities
- The supplier shall ensure that the certified products supplied by him and specified in the certificate comply with the requirements of the standards listed in the certificate.
- The supplier agrees that persons representing the certification body shall have access to the premises of the plant producing the product covered by the certificate during its normal working hours, and shall provide the necessary conditions for representatives of the accreditation body or other authorized organizations to carry out observation of the inspection of organizational and technical conditions carried out by the product certification body (access to places and documents related to the inspection of organizational and technical conditions carried out).
- The supplier shall undertake that the products for which the certificate has been granted shall be manufactured/imported in accordance with the same documentation as for the samples taken, which the certification body has recognized as complying with the standard.
- The supplier will immediately inform the certification body of any changes made to the product, production process or quality management system.
- The supplier (certificate holder) will keep records of all complaints and grievances regarding certified products and make them available to the certification body upon request.
- The supplier will take appropriate action on complaints and defects detected in the products and document these actions.
- The supplier has the right to resign from the certificate (termination) during its validity period, after notifying the certification body.
- During the period of validity of the certificate, the Supplier shall ensure that the production facility can be inspected by the certification body in accordance with the approved supervision schedule.
- The supplier is obliged to carry out the necessary measures resulting from the supervision within the timeframe set by the certification body.
- The supplier has the right to make public that it is certified for the products specified therein.
- The certification body shall allow the Supplier (certificate holder) to use the entity’s trademark and shall make the trademark available in digital form, and shall inform about changes in the right to use its trademark.
- The supplier may only make copies of certification documents in their entirety.
- The certification body undertakes to inform the Supplier about changes in the legal status of the body and changes in the certification system in a way that allows the Supplier to adapt to these changes.
- The certification body shall supervise the Supplier’s fulfillment of its obligations in accordance with the terms of the contract and the supervision schedule attached to the contract.
- The certification body shall evaluate the product while maintaining confidentiality with respect to all information obtained in the certification process, taking into account the provisions on the protection of classified information and other legally protected information, with the exception of information made publicly available by the Supplier or agreed with the Supplier, and to which it is obliged by law.
TERMINATION, LIMITATION, SUSPENSION OR REVOCATION OF CERTIFICATION
APPEALS / COMPLAINTS
Appeals and complaints that may arise in connection with the certification procedure and implementation of the provisions of the certification and supervision contract shall be resolved in accordance with the certification body’s appeals procedure (PC-07).