Testing of refrigerated cabinets – general information
Refrigerated cabinets are widely used in the sale and display of food in all kinds of food stores, and the number of their various applications is constantly growing. Increasing ecological and economic requirements, tightening regulations, as well as significant international and domestic competition are forcing an increased interest in the study of this equipment.
To meet these needs, testing procedures have been developed at the COCH Central Refrigeration Center in Krakow in accordance with PN-EN ISO 23953. These procedures include testing of all types of furniture under normal conditions of use, with direct or indirect compressor refrigeration systems and attached or built-in condensing units, including closed furniture, designed to be turned off at night, as well as equipped with lighting and with night curtains.
The refrigerated cabinet tests performed at COCH are covered by the accreditation of the Polish system of testing laboratories (accreditation of the Polish Center for Accreditation No. AB 308), and the license to use the international mark ILAC MRA, about mutual recognition of test reports issued by accredited laboratories around the world.
Details of refrigerated cabinet test
Types of devices tested:
- Refrigerated cabinets
- Refrigerated cabinets and display counters for professional use
- Refrigeration equipment for home use
- Ice cream freezers
- Blast chillers and freezers for professional use
- Ice cream machines
Types of tests performed:
- Testing of refrigerated cabinets (according to EN 23953-2),
- Refrigeration (cooling) capacity of the system,
- Temperature test.
- PN-EN ISO 23953-2:2016-04 Refrigerated display cabinets — Part 2: Classification, requirements and test conditions
- PN-EN ISO 22041:2019-09/A1:2020-04 Refrigerated storage cabinets and counters for professional use — Performance and energy consumption
- PN-EN 62552:2021-01 p.15, 16 Household refrigerating appliances – Characteristics and test methods – Part 1: General requirements
- ISO 22043:2020 p. 6.3.6 Ice-cream freezers – Classification, requirements and test conditions
- ISO 22042:2021 p. 5 i 6 Blast chiller and freezer cabinets for professional use — Classification, requirements and test conditions
- PN-EN 16764:2016-06 Soft ice cream machines — Performance and evaluation of energy consumption